Xiaomi has now confirmed that it will be launching its all-new Mi MIX 2 smartphone in India very soon. The announcement was made by Manu Kumar Jain, Xiaomi’s vice president as well as Xiaomi India’s managing director. He did not mention any specific time frame but urged Mi fans to expect the launch “soon.”
— Manu Kumar Jain (@manukumarjain) September 11, 2017
It is certainly good news for all Xiaomi fans, especially considering that Xiaomi did not launch the Mi MIX in India last year. It is also worth mentioning that this means it will be the first flagship launch from Xiaomi in India. It has been busy launching only entry-level and mid-range smartphones in the country where the Android One Mi A1 has been its most recent launch. The company did not even launch the Mi 6 here which means a year-old Mi 5 is the latest Xiaomi flagship in India at the moment.
Here is a quick overview of Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 Specifications:
- 5.99-inch Full HD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) bezel-less display with 18:9 aspect ratio
- 2.45GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- 6GB or 8GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB/256GB option or 256GB
- 12-megapixel rear shooter with f/2.0 aperture, 4-axis OIS, dual-LED flash, and Sony IMX236 sensor
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 3400mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
- MIUI 9 based on Android Nougat
There are no words on if the Mi MIX 2 Special Edition will also be coming to India. The special edition features ceramic body and offers 8GB RAM with 256GB storage. The pricing information has also not been revealed yet but considering the price in China, you can expect the Mi MIX 2 to cost above Rs. 30,000 in India.