Samsung India has finally confirmed that it will be launching its latest flagship phablet Galaxy Note 8 in the country on September 12th. It has started to send press invites for the event which will take place next week in India.
In an official post, Samsung said:
“Samsung India is all set to introduce the next Galaxy, which is an ultimate multitasking device for those who want to do bigger things with their phone. We will launch the new flagship at an event on September 12, 2017.”
Like the US launch event, Samsung will be live streaming the Galaxy Note 8 India launch which means if you don’t get the invite to be present at the venue, you will be able to catch all the action as it happens directly from your smartphone or PC/laptop. The live stream will be available on the Samsung Newsroom (India) website starting 12:30 PM IST on September 12th.
Samsung is expected to price the Galaxy Note 8 in India anywhere from Rs. 70,000 to Rs. 75,000. There are also reports suggesting it might bundle the device with DeX docking station and some other offers like free 4G data.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Specifications:
- 6.3-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 or Exynos 8895 processor (Indian variant)
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB, 128GB and 256GB storage (microSD card supported)
- Dual 12-megapixel rear cameras (wide-angle and telephoto lens) with f/1.7 and f/2.4 aperture with OIS and 2x optical zoom
- 8-megapixel front camera with f/1.7 aperture
- 3300mAh battery with fast charging and wireless charging
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Fingerprint scanner, Iris scanner, USB Type-C, and IP68 certified for both device and S Pen