OnePlus has started to release Android Oreo update to the OnePlus 3 and 3T smartphone users. The update is arriving in the form of the OxygenOS public beta which means there is still some time before we get to see the stable release. But as the public beta has been released just one month after the spotting of private beta, we can expect the stable build to arrive sooner than later.
The version number for the update is OxygenOS Open Beta 25 for the OnePlus 3 and OxygenOS Open Beta 16 for the OnePlus 3T. If you are already a part of the OnePlus Open Beta Program, you should receive the latest version as an OTA update. For others, you can either choose to wait for the stable build or simply switch to the open beta channel from the current stable channel.
It should be noted that even though the OxygenOS update is bringing Android Oreo to OnePlus 3 and 3T, you still have chances of running into issues like app crashes and lags as it is still the beta version. If you are okay with encountering such issues, you can go ahead install the Oreo update without any hesitation.
Here is the official changelog for the OnePlus 3/3T Android Oreo update:
- Update to Android O (8.0)
- Added Picture in Picture
- Added Auto-fill
- Added Smart text selection
- New Quick Settings design
- September security patch
- Added Notification dots in Launcher
- Added OnePlus account login for access to Shot on OnePlus
- Now able to upload photos directly to Shot on OnePlus through wallpapers
- Fingerprint actions may be slower than you are used to
- Shortcut to access Google Photos is unavailable
- Some stability issues with NFC and Bluetooth
- Performance and compatibility of 3rd party apps will continue to be optimized