OnePlus has started to roll out the latest OxygenOS 3.5.5 update to the OnePlus 2. While the update brings a number of changes and new features, one of the highlighting change is the addition of VoLTE support for OnePlus 2. The company had promised to add the VoLTE support before the end of this quarter and with this update, it has managed to deliver on the same.
As per the official changelog, here is the list of changes and features coming to the OnePlus 2 with OxygenOS 3.5.5 update:
- Enabled VoLTE functionality for select carriers
- Added App Lock
- Added Battery Saving Mode ( Settings > Battery > More )
- Added Gaming Mode ( Settings > Developer Options )
- Added Additional Options for the Alert Slider.
- Redesign of the Volume Adjustment Bar
- Shelf Optimizations
- Updated OxygenOS UI
- Updated Interface and UI of the Clock app
- Updated Android Security Patch Level to 1/12/16
- Increased System Stability
- General Bug Fixes
OnePlus has also noted that upgrading to this OTA update will revert most of the phone’s settings to their default state. It means you will have to spend some time setting up your OnePlus 2 again.
And if anyone tries to downgrade to OxygenOS 3.1.0 after installing this update, then there might be issues with Network and Fingerprint connectivity and WiFi might not work as expected. OnePlus has shared specific instructions for a smoother downgrade. Click the source link below to visit the official OnePlus thread and read about the update in detail.