HTC India has finally launched its latest flagship HTC U11 in India at an event earlier today. It was officially unveiled globally last month in two models for the Indian market, it has been made available only in one mode which is 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. It will be sold in the country via offline stores, Amazon India, and HTC’s official online store with preorders starting June 17th. The flagship has been priced at Rs. 51,990 which puts it in the same line as the LG G6.
The USP of the HTC U11 is the ‘Edge Sense’ feature which lets you “squeeze” the smartphone to performing different tasks like launching the camera app and clicking pictures. The side frames of the phone sports sensors which get triggered when you apply pressure. This is a customizable feature which means you can set it to almost any app to do any task.
The HTC U11 comes with the same liquid surface design which made its debut with the HTC U Ultra and Play smartphones. It features a combination of metal and glass which can also be found on the back. This gives it a really reflective and glossy finish which gives it a premium finish but also make it prone to smudges and getting slipped.
HTC U11 Specifications:
- 5.5-inch Quad HD Super LCD 5 display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Octa-core 2.45GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- 6GB of RAM
- 128GB of internal storage (expandable up to 2TB via microSD cards)
- 12-megapixel rear camera with HTC UltraPixel and UltraSpeed Autofocus, OIS, f/1.7 aperture, and dual-LED flash
- 16-megapixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture and HDR Boost
- 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
- HTC Sense UI based on Android Nougat 7.1
- HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi edition speakers and USonic earphones with active noise cancellation
- NFC, Bluetooth 4.2, fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C port, and IP67 certified for water and dust resistance