OnePlus has started to roll out Android Nougat 7.1.1 update for both OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T smartphones. The upgrade to the latest Android version is arriving in the form of OxygenOS 4.1.0 update. Other than this, the update also brings March security patch which brings both devices to the latest Android security patch level.
Like it happens with OnePlus, it is an incremental OTA update. It means the update will be rolled out to a small set of people initially followed by the mass expansion. So you should keep an eye on your OnePlus 3 unit as you might get the update notification anytime soon. Alternatively, you can look for the update manually by visiting Settings -> About Phone -> System Update.
Here is the official changelog for OxygenOS 4.1.0 update for OnePlus 3:
- Upgraded Android 7.1.1
- Updated Google security patch to 1st March 2017
- Added expanded screenshots
- Improved picture taking of moving objects with blur reduction
- Improved video stability when recording
- Improved WiFi connectivity
- Improved Bluetooth connectivity
- General bug fixes
The Android 7.1.1 update has been released within a couple of month since the release of Nougat update for OnePlus 3/3T.